Any idea what to do with overripe bananas? We already: Here are banana bread recipes for every taste – vegan, paleo or without sugar. Banana bread is particularly popular in the United States, where it is served as a banana bread for breakfast or offered in coffee shops. Strictly speaking, banana bread is not bread, but rather a cake. Why banana bread is called anyway and where the name comes from is not exactly known.
For a classic banana bread, the basic ingredients of flour, sugar, oil or butter, eggs and baking powder are mixed with very ripe, partially pureed bananas and baked in a crate. If you like, you can add other ingredients to the basic recipe and, for example, lift nuts, coconut flakes or chocolate under the dough. Banana bread is wonderfully juicy and, thanks to the bananas, pleasantly fruity and sweet. Because the preparation is so easy and quick, it is particularly suitable for baking beginners and anyone who experiences a spontaneous hunger for cake.Print
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
Keywords: Banana Bread Recipe Easy