It’s been a while my dearest cupcakes… I haven’t been a good friend ;). It was definitely time again to make a batch of cupcakes haven’t posted a recipe in a very long time! Dunno even why it took me so long to make a batch again… well, probably because there were so many other things to do 😉
These cupcakes have some strawberries in it ok well a lot 😉 They are similar to the strawberry shortcake cupcakes I made some time (ok a long time) ago a basic cake batter, strawberry filling, and a nice strawberry buttercream. If you want, you can even put some strawberries in the batter and you get the strawberry cupcakes you can imagine! So good! So fresh! So delicious! 🙂
There are gourmet pleasures for which we would reverse the seasons! The strawberries are certainly the fruit I’d like to find all year, so I love it! So for dessert, it’s downright irresistible. From cupcakes to the super soft vanilla and light cream and whole sweet little cheese, butter and of course strawberries. And whole strawberries arranged on top to enhance them and bring more flavor. Yes I crack and I plead guilty. Don’t be too harsh with me. I am convinced that you too will succumb very quickly.
The strawberries are on all the shelves, all red, beautiful, full of wPrint
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes are my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe filled with fresh strawberries and a whipped cream frosting! These easy cupcakes are a delicious twist on a strawberry shortcake recipe.
For the cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
For the Buttercream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–4 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
For the Strawberry filling
- 3–4 cups finely diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 cupcakes pans with 24 cupcake papers. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on high for 2-3 minutes or until light colored and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Alternately add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the milk in three parts, stirring just until combined and scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Spoon the batter into the lined cupcakes pan, dividing between all 24. Bake for 20-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, beat the softened butter in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes until light in color and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla and enough of the heavy cream or milk to make a spreadable consistency. Beat the frosting on high for 3-4 minutes or until very fluffy.
- Make the strawberry filling by sprinkling the granulated sugar over the finely diced strawberries. Let sit for 15 minutes until the strawberries release their juices.
- To assemble the cupcakes, spread a small amount of frosting on the top of each cooled cupcake, like a mini crumb coat. This will keep the strawberry juices from soaking into the cupcake. Then pipe a circle of buttercream around the outside of each cupcake. Fill the center with a tablespoon or two of the strawberry filling. It is best if the cupcakes are filled with strawberries just a few hours or right before eating them.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 285kcal
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 192mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
Keywords: strawberry shortcake cupcakes
ater and taste. So try these strawberry cupcakes or have the pleasure of making a good strawberry cake , or even a crumble strawberry cake, it’s super good.